Science has tremendous importance in the modern world. Science is helping us to explore the nature of reality. This dialogue between science and spirituality has a long history.
“Whether we see ourselves as random biological creatures or as special beings endowed with the dimension of consciousness and moral capacity will make an impact on how we feel about ourselves and treat others. In this view, many dimensions of the full reality of what it is to be human—art, ethics, spirituality, goodness, beauty, and above all, consciousness—either are reduced to the chemical reactions of firing neurons or are seen as a matter of purely imaginary constructs. The danger then is that human beings may be reduced to nothing more than biological machines, the products of pure chance in the random combination of genes, with no purpose other than the biological imperative of reproduction.”
HH the Dalai Lama
"The Universe in a Single Atom"
Buddha Land introduces you 9 books that will open up the world of Science and Buddhism for you and will answer your questions regarding karma, reincarnation, and relation between Buddhism and Science.
1. Consciousness at the crossroads by by His Holiness the Dalai Lama
2. Science and Philosophy in the Indian Buddhist Classics by His Holiness the Dalai Lama
3. Where Buddhism Meets Neuroscience: Conversations with the Dalai Lama on the Spiritual and Scientific Views of Our Minds by His Holiness the Dalai Lama
4. Beyond the Self: Conversations between Buddhism and Neuroscience by Matthieu Ricard
5. The Quantum and the Lotus: A Journey to the Frontiers Where Science and Buddhism Meet by Matthieu Ricard
6. Contemplative Science: Where Buddhism and Neuroscience Converge by B. Alan Wallace
7. Meditations of a Buddhist Skeptic: A Manifesto for the Mind Sciences and Contemplative Practice by B. Alan Wallace
8. Buddhism and Science: A Guide for the Perplexed by Donald S. Lopez Jr.
9. Buddhist Biology: Ancient Eastern Wisdom Meets Modern Western Science by David P. Barash