6 must-reads on Guru Rinpoche
Guru Rinpoche – is the historically tangible founder of Tibetan Buddhism. He is also considered the founder of the oldest school of Tibetan Buddhism, the Nyingma school, but is nevertheless of great importance for all the other schools too.
Guru Rinpoche is a figure that so important to Tibetan Buddhists he is called simply 'The Precious Master". Here is the list of 6 books that will reveal a wider picture of whom Guru Rinpoche really is by interacting with the inner spirituality that is beyond time and place.
1. Guru Rinpoche: His Life and Times by Ngawang Zangpo.
2. White Lotus: An Explanation of the Seven-Line Prayer to Guru Padmasambhava by Jamgön Mipham.
3. Padmasambhava Comes to Tibet by Yeshe Tsogyal & Tarthang Tulku
4. The Eight Manifestations of Guru Padmasambhava by Khenchen Palden Sherab Rinpoche.
5. Introduction to Tibetan Buddhism by John Powers
6. Dzogchen and Padmasambhava by Sogyal Rinpoche.